This is an Open Theme competition and a wide range of images can be submitted. However, there are editing restrictions.
This competition is open ONLY to images originally captured on a smartphone or a tablet device equipped with a camera.
A DxO One digital camera connected to a smartphone or tablet is NOT permitted in this competition. External lenses attached to a smartphone or tablet are permitted.
Images are to be submitted to one or more of the following genres:
- Landscape – where landscape is the primary focal point. The image can contain people, buildings, piers, vehicles, vessels and aircraft, etc…
- Closeup – is an image which has a close focus on an object(s) or element(s).
- Urban Scenery or Architecture – where the primary focal point can contain people, vessels, vehicles, bicycles, water, etc…
- People – image where the primary focal point is of one or more people.
Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters and cropping are acceptable provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity of the image. Very minor elements can be removed from the image but no elements can be added.
Digital frame, pin-line, borders and mats are permitted in this competition.
Visit CAPA Website
You must ensure your image is re-sized to meet the following two parameters:
- Saved as a jpg image with a maximum file size of 1.8 MB.
- Maximum horizontal size: 1400 pixels and maximum vertical size: Maximum vertical size: 1050 pixels.
Note: Images smaller than the maximum dimensions will ONLY be accepted when one of the image edges has a horizontal size is 1400 pixels or the vertical size is 1050 pixels. For example: square image – 1050 x 1050 pixels; landscape 1400 x 800 pixels; or portrait 700 x 1050 pixels.
Note: Images will NOT be rotated by the judges and will scored as submitted.
Suggestions – Use sRGB colour space for your image. For colour accuracy: we strongly recommend that you calibrate your monitor to ensure colour accuracy from your monitor to the image projected to the judges.