The event will be held on Monday, November 30, 2020 from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
THE NEW NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY: TRENDS FOR THE FUTURE
VCC Members can register for this FREE WEBINAR by clicking on this link:
Do you recognize these scenarios today?
- Nature photographers put their photography on their website, in coffee shops, in galleries, art exhibits, art shows, or online --but often struggle selling it.
- People LOVE a beautiful image of nature -- but aren't compelled to buy it for their home.
- Nature photographers crave creating something different—but often aren’t sure how to execute new looks.
Did you know there are interior design concepts that are unfamiliar to many nature photographers when we set out to make photographs?
Photographers venture out seeking the right light, action, moment, and composition—but often do not think first about the differing “criteria” for creating work appropriate for the various design elements of home or office interiors versus the classic criteria for magazines and calendars.
Get in-the-know! This live, interactive and fun webinar
will help you to better understand how to differentiate photography markets and shoot for them in order to create modern nature photography that is desirable to consumers looking to adorn their interiors.
You will learn to:
- Identify the difference between "Classic Nature Photography" and the new nature photography for today's artistic decorative trends.
- Spot the right photographic compositions for modern decorative art.
- Identify and apply photographic techniques that elevates your work from traditional to art-worthy for of today’s interior trends.
- Incorporate mixed-media and “found objects” into your creations.
- Apply simple—but impactful post-processing techniques.
- Discover images in your archives that, with a few tweaks, can be translated into the New Nature Photography.
LISA LANGELL BIO
Lisa Langell is a full-time, award-winning photographer whose work has appeared in numerous prestigious publications including the cover of Outdoor Photographer magazine, plus numerous images in Arizona Highways, Ranger Rick, art galleries and more. She currently sits on the Board of Directors for the North American Nature Photography Association. She is also a proud ambassador for Tamron, FotoPro, and H&Y filters.
Whether it was working as a master floral designer, a licensed psychologist, university faculty, an international consultant in K-12 education, the Chief Business Development Officer of an education technology company, a researcher, a writer, or an artist—she enjoyed meeting each challenge.
Still, her strongest calling was photography--ever since childhood--when bird watching ignited her lifelong love of nature and the camera. In 2010, she turned her passion for photography into a business—and in 2015 she successfully transitioned to photography full-time and left the corporate and consulting world behind.
The journey with photography has definitely been Lisa’s favorite – she loves combining her diverse background and skills into her photographic art and instruction. Bringing joy to others brings joy to her! She thrives on creating innovative learning experiences and pushing photographic boundaries. She equally enjoys enriching, stimulating and expanding fellow photographers’ minds emotionally, creatively and intellectually.
You may read more about her or see her work at http://www.langellphotography.com