Members of the VCC Creative SIG meet on the second Wednesday of each month. The group has been established to explore the extension of photography into the realm of photo-based art. This covers anything that requires the photographer to do more than be in the right place, wait for the right moment, and release the shutter.
The techniques can include, but are not limited to;
- creation of composite images from layers of other images,
- digital editing using photoshop-type software,
- elaborate set-up and staging prior to the shoot,
- intentional camera movement and other blurring effects,
- lensbaby, pinhole camera, multiple exposures, etc..
If going beyond traditional photography, based on an array of currently available tools and techniques, is on your agendas, the Creative SIG may be just right for you.