The event was held on March 12, 2022 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Catching the Creative Spirit in Photography
With Rick Hulbert
Read Rick's Bio: rickhulbertphotography.com/about
Can creativity be taught? Spoiler alert . . . yes it can!
An “old fashioned, in-person” 2-day Workshop in Victoria, BC [Scroll to bottom of page for REGISTRATION]
Saturday, March 12 and Sunday, March 13, 2022
In addition, a future bonus 3 hour Zoom session will be provided to allow for a constructive evaluation of selected attendee files and/or images on March 26, 2022.
Enrollment fee reduced for VCC members . . . $295.00
PLEASE NOTE this workshop is currently FULL and everyone has paid.
However, we are accepting a waitlist; if there is enough interest Rick will offer a second workshop.
DO NOT PAY NOW! - Simply add your name to the waitlist.
This educational experience is designed for all photographers, regardless of their level of experience and expertise.
Is this Workshop on Creativity for you?
- Do you feel you were born without creative genes?
- Do you think everything creative in photography has already been accomplished . . . or if it hasn’t, that is because it’s just too hard and time consuming to achieve?
- Have you become bored with photography and want to get re-energized?
- Do you think that Creative Photography requires a knowledge of complex software along with hours of computer time, both of which turns you off?
What will you learn in this workshop?
- Learn how my “Creativity Triangle” can foster uniqueness and self-expression in photography.
- Learn why some “Black and White” images “pop” while most are fairly mundane?
- Learn how best to express “Colour” images in a creative way.
- Learn how and why creating an image series encourages creativity.
- Learn some inspirational considerations that could fuel your creativity.
- Learn how to produce creative images that document reality, enhance reality, and/or potentially re-imagine reality, if desired.
Your Instructor will be Rick Hulbert
Rick has been a frequent lecturer, teacher, and seminar panel participant on four continents. He is a former President of the Architectural Institute of British Columbia. As an architect, Richard has won design awards or has had his works published each and every year for the past 35 years.
Most recently, Rick was chosen as one of only 2 photographers from North America to be invited to participate in the World Art Games held in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Have a look at Rick Hulbert’s Photography website:
Learn more about Rick including what others students have said about him as a Teacher of Photography:
Saturday, March 12, 2022
- 10:00am - 1:00pm - Lansdowne Campus, Camosun College
Defining the nature of and avenues to Creativity in Photography, with examples ~
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm - Lunch on your own
- 3:00pm through dusk - Hands-on photography (locations to be determined)
Sunday, March 13, 2022
- Sunrise through 11:00am - Hands-on photography (locations to be determined)
- 11:00am – 1:00pm . . . Lunch on your own
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm, Camosun College
The joy of breaking the all too common “rules” of photographic composition ~
10 days of Hands On Photography on your own
Generating original RAW files and/or original jpeg image files plus optional edited jpeg files. My goal is for you to receive a Constructive Evaluation of your images recoded prior to and/or during our workshop.
Any and all “techniques” are encouraged.
Selected “files” received by the end of the day on March 22nd, will be considered for a Constructive Evaluation on March 26th.
Saturday, March 26, 2022 . . . Bonus Zoom session
9:00am - 12:00am
Constructive Evaluations of submitted images ~
While this workshop does not promise to cover the detailed use of software or instruction in the specifics of techniques, you will see examples of how the use of software and techniques can enhance a “mood” or “atmosphere” along with your ability to convey “feelings” and “emotions”.
This workshop is subject to all COVID rules and restrictions. All participants must be double vaccinated. If the workshop cannot proceed because of COVID rules or restrictions, the workshop will be cancelled, and all payments returned.
If you have questions or require further information please contact Gordon Griffiths.
You must login to see your registration status.
Registration has closed for this event.