For this competition, CAPA is using the definition of Monochrome as defined by the Fédération Internationale de l’Art Photographique’s (FIAP) and is as follows:
A black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey. A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a monochrome work. On the other hand a black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work and is not eligible for monochrome.
CAPA will have five themes and each will be judged separately:
- Individual/Groups (street photography is included)
- Landscape, cityscape, seascape
- Architecture (inside or outside)
- Flowers or Plants (wild or cultivated)
As a club, we will be selecting 6 images in at least 2 themes. All in-camera, on-camera and post-processing techniques are permitted.
Visit CAPA Website
- Images should be in JPEG format, maximum 1400 pixels on the horizontal x 1050 on the vertical in size,
Note:One of the dimensions must be exactly the maximum allowed size (either 1400 or 1050 pixels)
- sRGB colour space and have a maximum file size of 1.8 MB
- Maximum number of submissions per VCC member is two
The CAPA Digital Monochrome Competition will be open for submissions on June 19th, 2020 and will close on February 12th, 2021.
This year the club tied for 18th place out of 52 clubs. See gallery at right
In 2018, this competition was restricted to black and white images, whereas in 2019 it will be changed to Monochrome as defined above. The VCC won a fourth place Honourable Mention in 2018. see the gallery
--to see a full image size slideshow, hover cursor over an image then click on the "Expand" icon on the right of the filmstrip--