This competition promotes the manipulation of photograph(s) in both in-camera and post processing for artistic purposes to create a fictional or conceptual image or photographic art.
For the purposes of balancing out the judging of this competition, you are asked to submit your images into one or more of the following themes:
· Abstract (cannot identify specific objects)
· Altered Reality (surreal fictional story)
· Creative (expressive mood or feeling beyond a pictorial rendering)
Any subject or topic is acceptable in this competition provided that the original captured image is the work of the photographer. The entrant must have captured the source images and they must hold the copyright for the source images. The entrant must have taken all components of the final image. Images may not be constructed entirely within a computer. Non-creative images are not eligible for this category.
Visit CAPA Website
- Images should be in JPEG format, maximum 1400 pixels on the horizontal x 1050 on the vertical in size,
- Note: One of the dimensions must be exactly the maximum allowed size (either 1400 or 1050 pixels).
- sRGB colour space and have a maximum file size of 1.8 MB
- Maximum number of submissions per VCC member is two
The CAPA Altered Reality competition will be opened for submissions on June 19th, 2020 and will close on January 8th, 2021.
The Victoria Camera Club placed a respectable 10th out of 36 camera clubs. See gallery to the right.
The club tied for 11th place out of 29 clubs with a score of 133.
See the gallery
In 2018 the Victoria Camera Club finished in a tie for 9th place. See the gallery
In 2017, the Victoria Camera Club finished in 11th place
See the gallery
In 2016, the Victoria Camera Club received a 6th place Honourable Mention in the CAPA Altered Reality Competition with a score of 136 points, 3 points out of the medals. See the gallery
--to see a full image size slideshow, hover cursor over an image then click on the "Expand" icon on the right of the filmstrip--