|Most Recent Edition - >Read It
Note: this is a large file which may take a few moments to download. Thank you for your patience.
NOTE: Viewers are advised some editions of Close-Up may contain images of an artistic MATURE nature.
Close-Up, the magazine of the Victoria Camera Club, has been published since 1946. It has won numerous awards over the years, including:
- 1st place in the Large Club Category
- Best Variety of Content
- Best How-To Article
- 1st place in the Large Club Category
PSA 2017 HM in the Large Club Category
- 1st place in the Large Club Category (tie)
- 1st place for the "Best Competition Results" page (tie)
PSA 2016 HM in the Large Club Category plus:
CAPA 2015 Club Newsletter - Gold Certificate 1st Place
- Best Cover Special Award January 2016 edition
PSA 2014 HM in the large-club newsletter competition plus:
PSA 2013 HM in the large-club newsletter competition plus:
PSA 2012 HM in the large-club newsletter competition plus:
- 1st place and runner-up in the "How-to" category
- Best Variety of Material
- Best Travel Article
- Best Opinion Article
*PSA - Photographic Society of America
CLOSE-UP ADVERTISERS OPERATING HOURS- Please Remember to SHOP LOCAL (see links below)
- Beau Photo: Vancouver Store to May 31st Pickup/Appointments call; June 1 8:30am - 5pm M/F, Thursday 8:30am - 7pm, Sat 10am - 2pm
- Camera Traders: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday from 11am - 3pm
- Kerrisdale Cameras: Normal Hours Monday -Thursday 9:30am - 6pm, Friday 9:30am - 7pm, Saturday 10am - 6pm, Sunday 11am - 5pm
- Henry's: Vancouver Store - Wednesday - Friday 11am - 7pm, Saturday 10am - 6pm, Sunday 12 - 5pm and Online Sales
- Options: Monday - Saturday, 9:30am - 5:30pm
- Print Lab: Call ahead; Open Monday-Friday, 10am - 4pm; Saturday 10am-2pm for pick-up or drop-offs only
- Prism Imaging: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday - 10am - 4pm
- Victoria Camera Service: Monday/Tuesday only, 10am - 2pm
Issues of Close-Up are available from the Documents & Files section of this website, including both the most recent issue and earlier issues and editions.
In our printed and on-line editions, Close-Up reaches over 650 people every month.
Publication of the printed edition of Close-Up is supported by ads from local photo-related businesses. Copy deadline is the 5th of the month preceding publication.
- On-line Close-Up Ad Rates/Specifications - Read
- Close-Up File Upload Guide (available to logged in, members only) - Read
For further information, contact the Close-Up Editor.
|Close-Up content is entirely the work of Victoria Camera Club members!
The Close-Up team consists of a number of volunteers, Editor, Assistant Editor, two Proofreaders, four Production Assistants, print edition Distributor, and of course the team of authors for each issue.
The editor is responsible for production, soliciting advertising, and overall content. The assistant editor solicits material and is also the lead proofreader, and with one of the other proofreaders reviews each issue. The production assistants prepare the images and text layout, and the print distributor delivers the printed copies to our advertisers.
We invite all members of the club to provide material so if you have an idea for an article please contact the Newsletter Editor to discuss what is needed (content and layout).
Close-Up in print form, is distributed to the magazine's advertisers. Close-Up is also available by postal subscription, at cost. Annual subscription (9 issues) is $57 (within BC only*) payable by cash, cheque, or via PayPal (below) to subscribe.
*Please contact the Editor for out-of-province subscription rates.
An index is available of all digital published editions of Close-up since 2005 (plus June, Aug, Sept 1946 and March 1947) Please e-mail the Newsletter Editor to have it e-mailed to you.
We gratefully acknowledge the support of our Sponsors!