The Distraction Project is a weekly challenge to members to share our hobby of photography during the COVID-19 shutdown. A great idea from Lorna Shaw! Thanks, Lorna!
Starting Monday March 23rd, you're invited to post up to THREE images (per week) under the following themes (see below).
Weekly Galleries will be added below.
- March 23 - 29: SPRING
- March 30 - April 5: FOOD
- April 6 - 12: EASTER
- April 13 - 19: SOMETHING RED
- April 20 - 26: SOMETHING TO DO WITH MUSIC OR SOUND
- April 27 - May 3: ONE MACRO PHOTO, whatever macro means to you
- May 4 - 10: SOMETHING THAT BRINGS YOU JOY
- May 11- 17: TREES or BARK
- May 18 - 24: SELF PORTRAIT
- May 25 - 31: PICK A PATCH
- June 1 -7: A PET (if you don't have one or can't find one, then any non-human living being)
- June 8 - 14: ACTION
- June 15 - 21: MANLY, YES - An Ode to Fathers
- June 22 - 29: HOW ARE YOU FEELING NOW?
- June 30 - July 5: BRIDGES
- July 6 - July 12: THAT'S ODD
- July 13 - 19: CREATIVE IN THE KITCHEN
- July 20 - 26: Dark
- July 27 - August 2: SHOW ME THE MONEY
- August: WATER
- August: RINGS
- August: ABSTRACT
- August: TIME
How To Upload Your Images
- Make sure you are logged into the VCC website
- Click on the Galleries tab at the top of the main page
- At the top of the ensuing page, there is a box with the title "Organization Galleries". There is a button in that box labelled 'Manage Galleries'. Click on it.
- Now scroll down to the row labelled The Distraction Project and click on the dart on the very left side (to the left of the 'Edit' button)
- You are now presented with rows labelled with the names of the weekly themes.
- On the very right column of the active theme there is a button labelled 'Edit and Upload Images'. Click on it.
- You are now in the gallery and the images that have currently been put into it (by all users) are presented.
- At the top there are a series of buttons, click on 'Upload Images Into This Gallery'.
- You are now presented with a window labelled “Upload Images”. Down near the bottom there is a button called ‘Select’. Click on it and a search window will appear allowing you to select your images from your computer or network. Once you have completed selecting your images, click on the OK button and you will be taken to the “Upload Images” screen.
- Click on 'Save Images and Proceed to Edit Page'
- You will be presented with the "Edit New Images" screen. If you wish to change your image title or authors image ID you can do it here. Otherwise, click on the 'Save any changes and return to the original page' button
How Are You Feeling Now?
Pick a Patch
Trees or Bark
Show Me The Money
Creative in the Kitchen
Manly, Yes - An Ode to Fathers
Non-human Living Being
Something That Brings You Joy
Something to do with Music