Eastwood vs VCC
George W. Glennie
Subject matter is open and can include abstract, landscape, low light, macro, nature, portrait, still-life, street, wildlife, etc. All in-camera, on-camera and post-processing techniques are permitted. This includes combining multiple images and elements in a final image. However, all components of the final image must have been taken by the entrant. Image can be monochrome or colour or a combination thereof. Judges will award their scoring based on key elements such as composition, technique and subject matter. However, the judges will have a strong emphasis on the creative message, quality of execution, innovation, and 'wow' factor.
- Maximum size for the print and mat is 16" x 20, minimum size of print is 8" by 10" (or 80 square inches). Mounted and unmounted prints are permitted. Panorama prints are accepted but must be at least 6" high to a maximum of 20" wide. Full edge-to-edge prints are permitted,
- Mat or a digital mat is permitted but is limited to a single mat. Mat should be a colour which best compliments the print
- Identification details must be contained on the reverse upper right hand corner and include: title of the image, name of photographer, name of club, address and telephone number
Prints may be dropped off on any Thursday meeting on or before January 18th
Although judging will be on the prints, a digital copy is also required and should be uploaded in the normal fashion
- Images should be in JPEG format, maximum 1400 pixels on the horizontal x 1050 on the vertical in size,
- Note: One of the dimensions must be exactly the maximum allowed size (either 1400 or 1050 pixels).
- sRGB colour space and have a maximum file size of 1.8 MB
- Maximum number of submissions per VCC member is two
The Pacific Zone Print Challenge 2018 will be opened for submissions on Dec. 28th, 2017 and will close on January 18th, 2018.