Eastwood vs VCC
George W. Glennie
All CAPA Clubs in the Pacific Zone are invited to enter ten prints in the Pacific Zone Print Challenge. Individual and Club winners receive CAPA Gold, Silver and Bronze medals plus Honourable Mention certificates.
Subject matter is open and can include abstract, landscape, low light, macro, nature, portrait, still-life, street, wildlife, etc.
All in-camera, on-camera and post-processing techniques are permitted. This includes combining multiple images and elements in a final image. However, all components of the final image must have been taken by the entrant. Image can be monochrome or colour or a combination thereof.
Judges will award their scoring based on key elements such as composition, technique and subject matter. However, the judges will have a strong emphasis on the creative message, quality of execution, innovation, and 'wow' factor.
- Minimum print size: approximately 80 square inches. Required size for the print and mat is 16" x 20". Unmounted prints are not accepted.
- All prints must have a window mat except 16x20 edge-to-edge prints which do not require a window mat but must have a firm backing board. No digital mats/strokes or borders. The image and/or mat must cover the full 16x20".
- Only black or white mats are permitted.
- Identification details must be contained on the reverse upper right hand corner and include: title of the image, name of photographer, name of club, address and telephone number.
Prints may be dropped off on any Thursday meeting on or before TBA
Although judging will be on the prints, a digital copy is also required and should be uploaded in the normal fashion.
- Images should be in JPEG format, maximum 1024 pixels on the horizontal x 768 on the vertical in size,
- Note: One of the dimensions must be exactly the maximum allowed size (either 1024 or 768 pixels).
- sRGB colour space and have a maximum file size of 1.8 MB
- Maximum number of submissions per VCC member is two
The Pacific Zone Print Challenge 2019 will be opened for submissions on August 1st, 2018 and will close on January 17, 2019.